Date Published 12 October 2011
With the onset of autumn and the darker nights just around the corner, don’t be tempted to go into hibernation when it comes to house hunting – or indeed selling your home.
With children firmly settled into a new school year and the focus for many on a new start for 2012 - now is the perfect time to be looking for a new home.
`Autumn is a great time to get out there and see what is available before everyone gets bogged down with thinking about Christmas,`
`Our message to buyers and sellers is ‘don’t hold back’ – if moving is on your mind then take steps to make it happen!`
Via its 2 Branches Able Estates assists numerous customers through the selling and buying journey, with instant access to up-to-the-minute mortgage deals and lender information helping to make it as smooth as possible.
Here are some tips that may help:
- Sell your property through a reputable agent, preferably one who is, like Able Estates, a member of the Property Ombudsman scheme and the National Association of Estate Agents.
- Decide on a definite location – how far are you willing to commute, what are the local schools like, is there a GP surgery on your doorstep, is there a bus service into town? Train Station close by ?
- Always take a list of questions with you to ask at a viewing.
- Do your homework - take a drive around the area as well as checking out the local amenities.
- If you know it is right – move fast and put in an offer.
- Above all, liaise closely with your estate agent.
For some free professional advice call either of the Able Estates offices or visit our website www.ableestates.com
Alternatively if you are a tweeter you can follow us @ableestates.com